If you are a child and you need to talk to someone about things that are happening to you that you don’t like, please click on this link which takes you the Childline website, or telephone Childline on 0800 1111.
In Our Church
The wellbeing and safety of all who attend our events is very important to us at St Mary’s. We’ve been working hard to ensure we have good policies and practices in place to protect both young and old people in the church.
Click the following links for more information:
- Our Safeguarding policy
- Our e-safety policy
- How we will respond
- Working with children – behaviour code
- Our whistleblowing policy
We have a fully-trained Safeguarding Officer, Angharad, who has plenty of experience working both with the church and in the education sector. If you have any concerns or queries regarding safeguarding at St Mary’s Fittleworth please don’t hesitate to contact Angharad – she will be happy to help, either by email or telephone 01798 865570.
Church of England, Chichester Diocese Support
- If you are an adult and you need support about something that is happening to you, please click this link or one of the following links.
- If you need to report a safeguarding concern to the statutory authorities in Sussex, please click this link, choose the option that most describes the situation you are concerned about, and follow the advice and links you find there. Please then also contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team.
- If you need to contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team, please click this link.